Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Water

Patience, Skills and a Faucet


We had a leaky valve beneath the kitchen sink, discovered it about 3 weeks ago. So dear husband has been working, he handily replaced the valve. But then the hose to the faucet became clogged or kinked. It has been a process of determining how to repair before replacing.

Meanwhile the water flow has been significantly decreased which makes everything take much longer. Filling a pot or pitcher took many minutes instead of just a few - I could leave the kitchen and come back to see the task just finishing. Washing dishes is very long on patience. It is remarkable at how much I was irritated by the slow flow breaking down the efficiency of my day. And how much I had taken that water for granted.

I get perspective and appreciation for my easy life when I visit Heather's site: http://insteadbless.blogspot.com/ and it humbled me to think again about the Finetown teachers and their lives that are without many necessities let alone conveniences.

So it was decided that the faucet would be replaced. Last night my dear husband spent a few hours changing out the old for a sparkly new faucet. And there was much joy to hear the rush of flowing water when he was all done. Even this morning the children were overjoyed to have the inconvenience remedied.

So thank you husband, you did good work! Thank you for making the everyday task of water less arduous and more accessible and efficient. I am so grateful for this convenience and luxury of fast flowing water - Aaron, we are so blessed by your skills and generous gift of labor and love!
I love you!!!

No comments: