Yes, food is weighing on my mind. I know many people will bring us meals, but there is anxiety about:

WHAT if they DON'T bring food?
WHAT if dear husband has to cook for us!
HOW will the baby and I thrive?!?!
We have to eat and I want to be well fed
(not restricted to dear husband's ramen, canned soup or PBJ).
So yesterday I made quiche to freeze. It has been on my to-do list for over a week and I finally got a start. It took me ALL DAY to prep the fillings and the crust between homeschooling, training, chores and a much blessed quiet time. It is a satisfying accomplishment.
The crust was suppose to be in the freeze for 15 minutes, well it was like 4 hours later that I got around to it again and pulled it out. Fortunately I had not added the wet ingredients so it was just the flour/salt/sugar/butter blend that was frozen in powder form. Still it had to defrost a bit to be manageable.
So in the end I have 2 quiches of bacon, onion, mushroom, cheddar for the grown ups and one with just bacon and cheddar for the kiddos - 3 quiches in the freezer!
Next on the docket is quiche with smoked salmon, capers and Havarti - YUM! I also have sun dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts but they just aren't calling to me anymore......sad, they are such a great combo but they just aren't appealing at the moment.
That said, we will now how food to feed us for approximately 3 meals......not to mention all the other frozen supplies that could be put to use in a crock pot or oven. Just someone has to cook those - frankly I know it will be okay, I just want to be FREEEE of cooking and absorb every moment of this delicious babe that is coming soon!
1 comment:
Do not fear for I do believe you have many friends near. Like my rhyme :) I am thinking of chicken alfredo for starters. How does that sound? Talk to you soon!!!
Post a Comment