So I'm an unrepentant follower of the "one day, one deal" site woot.com. One of their "trademark items" that they offer every so often (usually at the end of a woot-off) is a stuffed monkey with slingshot arms and an electronic hollar.
And the last time it was up, I bought one.
And it came today.
And Janey called me at work to let me know my woots had arrived. In the background, the kids were yelling "what's in the box?! What's in the box?!"
Janey sighed. "The kids want to know what's in the box."
"A screaming monkey." I replied.
She conveyed this to the children.
"Ha!" I could hear C in the background. "We know you're being silly dad." (I frequently tell them we're going to have stewed monkey brains for dinner when they're particularly difficult)
"Ok" I allowed, "It's a FLYING screaming monkey. You got me there."
"Yeah right dad. What is it REALLY?!"
And when I opened the box, stretched it out, and let er fly...lo and behold, it really was. A screaming flying monkey *with cape* in all it's caterwauling glory.
("You're taking this back to work with you, right?" was the first thing out of Janey's mouth.)
Sometime dad tells the truth...!
2 comments:
That's hilarious! Thanks for sharing that story. It made me laugh this morning.
I really want to see what in the world a screaming monkey is. I'll bet the kids loved it!
Post a Comment