We had our second practice tonight.
The practice ended with a reminder of the night's lessons - we don't fight over the ball!
J wanted to catch every ball that was hit - he got mad and then he would just whine and cry, laying in the dirt as he sobbed. All very unattractive and not the appropriate actions that we are trying to teach and train in our children.
So then J was up to bat:
he missed on the practice swing
he hit on the second swing
he ran out to the field
grabbed his ball
and PROUDLY took it back to home base
(yes, I was chagrined, but totally understood what he thought he was doing!)
The coach proceeded to explain the running to first base concept and let him try it over. This time he hit, he ran and he left the ball alone!
C is also on the team and doing really great, all of the other kids come to C's shoulder and so he looks quite big. But he is big everywhere we go! He can hit well and his throwing and catching are coming along. I am biased but I think he has a good ability at sports.
Saturday will be our next game. I hope that we find the lost battery for the camera and can get some pictures!
Thursday, April 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment