Friday, November 28, 2008

What I'm thankful for (a day late..)

That the folks @ Lowes were able to find a couple extra boxes of the tool kits I found for the kids new workbenches.
Today Janey's sister Becky, her husband Jon, Janey's grandma, her mom, her aunt, and our brother-in-law Ron all descended upon our house and attacked the portable storage unit like an army of rabid beavers.

No, no, no...they didn't chew through the sides.  But they did manage to get it unloaded in about 2 hours flat.  THANK YOU GUYS!!

I'm thankful we have a warm home.  With a hot water heater that didn't need replacing.

I'm very thankful for a totally rockin' tree in the back yard that's just *begging* for a tree fort/tire swing/zip line.  (Janey's not so thankful for that one..)

I'm thankful for a shop twice as big as as my old one.  With lots of room to expand.

I'm thankful C finally pulled the front tooth he's had dangling for the last week.  (I think my tales of dead teeth rotting in the mouth convinced him...dad's have a strange power, that way)

I'm thankful for my wonderful/creative/compassionate wife who is dedicated to the training and teaching of our children.  And loves me even though she holds strong reservations when I talk about teaching the kids chemistry.

I'm thankful for 3.2 awesome kids that keep me laughing, challenge my pretensiousness, and graciously allow me to live vicariously through them.

cheers!
-Aaron

1 comment:

Janey said...

such an inspiring post!

But I pulled that tooth that was hanging by sheer friction