Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Change was Promised

Our president-elect has marked his campaign with promises of change. Mostly the changes have not been spelled out or defined. People so desperately believed they needed change that they jumped on the band-wagon without scrutinizing where the wagon is going.

I am leery, fearful and grieved for what those changes will be. Innocent lives lost due to more promotion and access to abortion to widened legalized assisted- suicide such as the state of Oregon?

His voting record is so foreign and baffling to my values, I shed tears of grief today. What will he change in this country, will my children recognize the world that I believed America to be?

I don't deny that there was surge of freedom that an African-American was elected - that is a sweet affirmation for humanity. But this wasn't suppose to be an election based on race. It is about democracy, freedom, constitutional rights, honoring our forefathers and the legacy of our nation's freedom.

I pray that our country is preserved and that God will show mercy and hope for such an arrogant and lost people that call themselves Americans. And I pray for this new president to be ever close to our Lord and to be wisely counseled as our leader.

No comments: