Thursday, September 17, 2009

What We Have Been Doing

We have had a busy few weeks, here is a pictoral view:

Got new cups for the kids to have their own specific color and never forget what cup they are drinking out of, every day it will be the same cup; thank you Lori Gammon! http://www.lorigammon.blogspot.com/

We assembled a metal shed kit that we bought back in Jan or Feb.
It is right between the garden shed and the trampoline.


Here is the crew, it was a day project.

We also celebrated my dad's birthday after all the work.
Do you see those jars of raspberry freezer jam?
That is one of our favorite things to make.



Here is grandpa with Miss Maggie

Been trying to declutter via Craigslist and I sold this last night,
woo-hoo one dionsaur out of the house!


Sorry, I can't help but have to share this cutie pie


This girl was home recuperating, somehow the dog got a make-0ver when she visited the infirmary. Notice that Gretchen is also sporting very colorful nails.


Purple claws - oh how stylish!


And a fashionable tank in pink - she doesn't seem very happy.


The boys got to go to the Lego NXT Mindstorm project day with dad.
It was HOT, see their red faces?

oh, here is another shot of that Muffin, you aren't tired of seeing her, are you?!?!?
I was told that Magdelena means Muffin in Spanish - cute!
She found her feet this week and loves to catch then during a diaper change.


Someone snapped this, she is looking a little uncertain.


A BOUNTIFUL harvest, from our garden:
yellow crook neck squash, green chilis, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers
I thought it was a banana bell pepper, until I taste tested it -- quite warm!



This is the third year to grow basil and I finally have a great crop.
Fresh basil and tomatoes, pure decadence!
Do you see the heirloom variety? It is pinkish colored, still trying to get use to the odd color.
God is good and the garden is such a blessing!

2 comments:

Davis' said...

You've been busy! Love the cutie pics of Muffin! :) I'm still laughing about the dog getting a make over, that was hilarious. Awww, to de-clutter...It's so hard but then you feel so good about it! The LOVE the free flowing space that comes after a good de-clutter. Now the challenge of not re-filling it comes. Good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures of such very special people. Maggie is certainly a "Backer baby" - what a cutie!

Love you guys!

Glenn and Joanie