Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Warning: Sleepwalking boys are dangerous!

Well, potentially.

So C (being 7) is working on "waking up to go potty".  Sometimes it works.  Sometimes not.

Sometimes it works half-way.

Like last night.  About 11pm, he goes tripping past my door.  Walking purposely.  Quickly.  

"Uh...son?  Are you ok?"

Mumbled reply.

Now I'm all cozy warm in bed.  Really don't want to get up.  Maybe he just needed a stuffed animal that's downstairs.  Yeah.  That's it.

Or not.

Wait.  Listen.  Wait...nothing.

I finally peel myself out of bed to go check on him.  And not a second too soon.  

He's standing in the living room. 
Eyes 3/4 closed.
Facing straight into the coat closet.
Jammie bottoms around his ankles.


"WHOA boy...!" sez I.  I steer him quickly back into the bathroom and get him seated.  Check back at the potential zone 'o danger.  No moisture.  Whew.  

That was close.

1 comment:

Katie said...

You should ask my mom about sleep walking boys! Lets just say the balcony at the old house.