Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

We wish you a Merry Christmas!

We have had a lovely day. It was a small and quiet gathering. Due to my lingering illness I couldn't gather the energy to do much. Thanks for all the help from my sister, mom and my grandmother and dear husband we pulled off a nice Christmas celebration.

Grammy and the chidren gave us a presentation of the Christmas story - J has brought humor to us this season. He keeps saying "Mary and Moses" instead of "Mary and Joseph" when he sees Nativity scenes. He insisted loudly that he wanted to be Moses this morning but was pleased to instead be Gabriel and deliver the message to Mary. It was a delightful reminder of CHRISTmas this morning. The children were exceptionally happy with their gifts and were truly thankful as they expressed their gratitude to each gift giver.

We even crammed in a fast game of Monopoly this afternoon. Though unfortunately we discovered this afternoon that the dishwasher is not draining so Aaron has been battling with it. Not our Christmas wish, but these things do happen at inconvenient times.

I did get my jammies on shortly after 4 and tucked myself under blankets. I believe I will be off to the doctor in the morning - it seems to be the 2nd bout with bronchitis in less than 6 weeks so we need to do something much different. I am also scaling back our life and creating more home time for my rest and healing (not to mention the home management, unpacking, schooling, baby preparations, etc). Sometimes life forces decisions that must be made for the good of all.

1 comment:

Glenn and Cile said...

Now I am leaving a comment on your blog! Hope your Christmas was great and relaxing!

As for the writing on the washer, it wasn't a translation; it was, however, steps 1-4 of directions on how to use the washer. A much sorter version than the user manual in Hungarian!