Thursday, December 11, 2008

Another Step Forward and Misc

Hello!

I have been checking other blogs and thinking "why aren't there new updates? I want to know what is going on !?!?"

Then I realized that maybe I should update my own little space with some snippets, even though they seem trivial.

Okay, I have the sunroom mostly arranged and the boxes unpacked. It is the most "peaceful" room in the house in that chaos isn't the majority of the space.

Next is the kitchen, I believe that I have unpacked all of the kitchen boxes and that I have 98% of it put away. There are lots of homeless things that are landing in the kitchen that don't belong there, so it is still chaotic and I avoid it. However I do have all of my cooking equipment accessible and I can cook - if only the homeless clutter would leave the counters and congregate somewhere else less crucial. And I have everything nicely arranged the shelves aren't bulging. I feel good about the purging that I did.

The garden - I feel like I am running out of time on my garden prep. I still have about 30 minutes of weed whacking to do - but it is COLD! Then I have my newspapers to lay out and then cover over with the leaves. I am hoping that I will get out there tomorrow morning and tackle it. Then it is ready for the snow and will be bedded down to work into the soil.

Okay the more enjoyable of all this is some baby prep. I snatched up some Black Friday on-line sales and free shipping and got some good deals on maternity clothes and cloth diapers. In fact I even feel motivated to try my hand at sewing some diapers. I am a bit selfish in that I like to do all this baby stuff myself - call it quality control but really I just thoroughly ENJOY it and love to delve into it!

We do have our ultrasound on Monday and are excitedly waiting to get peeks at the baby and know who this little person is. Then I can get some flannel fabric to make up for this special person. I have been feeling baby Backer off and on the past month. The off days have honestly made me very nervous and prayerful. But I am feeling more confidence with more movements.

We had our homeschool co-op class today. I am amazed at how much I have enjoyed prepping for the class and seeing it all come together. The wonderful part is how many other moms are helping and that I can stand back and watch during the class. I am looking forward to next semester and what we will plan for those classes. On Saturday our homeschool group will have our Christmas party - I love these families and the privilege of spending time with such great families. It will be a very fun time!

And on Friday Aaron and I get to have another adult night out. Monday we got to attend the KOTH couples dinner. And on Friday we will go to his company Christmas party - it will be nice to go out together and get to know more people.
Stay warm and smile!
=-) Janey

No comments: