Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Newest House Changes

So this is part of the transformation:

Do you see how dark and dreary our wood door entrance is?

Well, it got a face lift. Becky, my sister, helped with the priming step.

I now have skills and education of priming and painting over finished, sanded, stained wood. It only took me a few layers to learn through.

I think I primed/painted about 4 coats on the front and 3 coats on the interior.

See my lovely touch of red? Dear friend, L, told me it would increase the curb appeal of our entrance by many percentage points. So I attained the red - I'm all about increased appeal!

And this is what the cinch or bill bill bugs did to our front yard this month.

Ugly, huh? Well, Aaron has dealt with them and has now reseeded it all. Hopefully, it will look better soon. Not the curb appeal we had hoped for :-(

No comments: