Sunday, March 21, 2010

Garden Time

Cute as a bug, we just got this cute hand-me-down but she could only wear it a few times, too tight!
Here is an adorable spring dress and hat for a friend's wedding this weekend.
Okay here we are out at the garden for the first time this year! What can a momma do with a baby in tow? It was an experiment! At first she was totally transfixed and just soaking it in. Watch the eyebrows - they reflect her thought process.
On dried up, nasty leaf from the pole beans, it was light and crispy to play with. But she looks very concerned about what to do. See the eyebrows?
She was really absorbed by it all and very carefully looking and thinking.
Then she got busy, raking through the lovely soil. She is in the "take it out" stage and got to work emptying the soil from the raised bed into her lap.
We mixed this soil ourselves last spring: vermiculite, compost and peat moss. It is so light and fluffy!
She Loved the Soil!
What do you mean I am getting dirty????
A dried up bean pod was fun.
Decorating the slats of the squares?
Am I doing a good job Momma? I like being a gardener!
oh, this so interesting, but dirt doesn't taste like I had imagined!
I've got to stand up and get a better view of this here garden.
Dirt goes out, dirt goes out, WHY haven't you ever brought me here before? This has got to be baby heaven!

2 comments:

Davis' said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Those were the cutest pics ever! She should be the poster child for organic gardening or Got Dirt? :)

Janey said...

thanks, I LOVED them and had to post almost every one that we took!