Being pregnant has slowed me down. I was adamantly not going to let this happen. No way was I going to be a wimp or be a pansy that demanded attention and special rights. I did kind of wallow in such behaviors with past pregnancies, thinking that I had better enjoy it while it lasted.
However, I have been so amazingly more tired with this pregnancy than I ever dreamed to expect. It could be my memory is sketchy, it has been 5 years since I have done this. Or it could be that since it has been 5 years since I did this that I am a bit older and therefore it is a bit more strenuous.
Whatever it is it is, now the rule of my life, momma must have rest. That means a daily rest time each afternoon - so glad that I already had this as a habit from the past 18 months. I have gone to bed at 9:30 many nights and even 8:30 a few nights. Tonight is a rare late night - Aaron isn't home and I feel restless until he does get home.
I am very careful to say "no, thank you" to many invitations and offers. I just can't spare the energy. Even field trips during the day are receiving more scrutiny and declined albeit with some guilt. For instance, going to the apple orchard tomorrow with our friends would be so fun. But it would be a long drive and really spend every ounce of energy. I do feel some relief that it was never verbalized as a possibility - the weather went wet and cold and I so happy that I mentally decided to committ to myself to stay home.
I have felt frustrated that if we are home more that more chores would be done and our house would do better at being staged and ready to show. Instead the house looks more lived in and that creates more feelings of overwhelming weariness at the housework load. But I really don't dwell long on these thoughts.
I am an optimist and have great hopes for "what comes next tomorrow - it is a new day" is my philosophy. So instead of dwelling on the shortcomings of today. I reassure myself that really this is temporary and in a few short weeks I will enter a new tri-mester and will be infused with more energy and ability to cope and work through many tasks.
Meanwhile my kitchen is a mess and odors send me reeling. Squeamish is the word, over things that I never noticed before. But tomorrow is a new day and the morning will be better.
Thursday, October 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hang in there J, it will get better! The Lord never gives us more than we can handle...I used to say that over and over again to get through the rough days. Your body is working extra hard to grow that little baby, so remember to listen to your body, when you're tired it's telling you to slow down and rest. So stop, listen and then obey what your body is telling you. You don't want to end up on bed rest!! (that's sounds good at the moment, but it stinks!)
I found that during my last pregnancy the kids are able to do much more than we think they can, have them help you with the cleaning...just a thought. We will be praying for you.
thanks for being my cheerleader, yes my kids are very capable and trained to do so. However if I am not on the ball inspecting they tend to be neglecting to do things well or at all. So it is the management that needs to get back in the saddle and get those chores finished. Then the house will be well ordered.
Nap when you need it!!! The chores will still be there later. ;o) I remember WELL how exhausting pregnancy can be!
Love you girlie!
Post a Comment