Thursday, March 26, 2009

March Comments

Life hasn't been very exciting around here. The kids and husband all got the Norovirus and that wiped out a week of our lives. That was two weeks ago. Poor little J is on his 3rd ear infection in 4 weeks. And Tuesday night a virus snuck in and gradually took me out during the next day.

So March has been a month of misery, as far as nasty viruses.

However the first daffodils opened their sunny faces this week.

We have the soil tilled for our garden - and it looks beeeeeyoootiful! Need to get my bare root strawberries into the ground, peas, lettuce and spinach. Oh yeah, after I get over this virus. But we took lots of pictures so I will be posting those when I am really out of bed again.

The weather is improving, we have had some very lovely sunny, warm days with a few cold mixed in between. I love warm spring days!

We have had some really great playdate Tuesdays with a fun family.

We have been extremely blessed by friends and family that have brought us meals, prayers and help during these bouts of illness.

We have watched Bolt a new movie, and Beethoven an old movie new to us and lots of PBS.

I can type and wipe my nose. But I am not answering the phone it just makes it complicated to wipe, breathe, sneeze and speak.

This too shall pass. Meanwhile, leave me some comments - it has been a long while since anyone has left me a note in the comments!

4 comments:

Heasleye said...

Hi Janey!
So sorry to read of all the illnesses. Wow. You must be ready for some health and sunshine! I hope you mend up quickly. Looking forward to your garden pictures! Take care!
Elaine

tulip said...

Janey,

So sorry about all the sickness and the canceled tea party! :-(

Hope you are better soon and we can talk gardening...boy, do I need some advice!

Take care, my friend!

Katie said...

Janey-

Sorry that you have all been sick at your house. Especially you, sick and pregnant I think is one of the worst combination's.

I hope that you feel better soon, so that you can get out and plant your garden.

Katie

Kboles said...

Janey -- hope you are feeling better, honey!! It's the pitts to be sick/pregnant/and have a housefull of sick kids/spouses, etc. Hope Gracie is well, maybe she can entertain!! Love, Mums