That's right true believers, (or not) we've decided to move into the digital era and BLOG!
(that's short for "web-log"...it's new, techy, hip, tren...nevermind)
Anyway. I've been looking for a way to get daily or weekly news, silly kid stories, etc out in a quick and easy way for J and me, so here t'is.
Laughed this evening. J came home from her "Bunco nite" (don't ask me, I just work here) just about bouncing off the walls as she'd "cleaned house" with the rest of those wild-and-crazy moms. Of course, she'd called ahead and asked me to start drawing her bath. ("Cabin boy? Yes, please draw me a bathe. And don't forget the margarita...WITH the little paper parasol. Don't forget the little paper parasol.")
So I start the bath. And she gets home, like, 2 minutes later. And is regaling me with tales of throwing bunco after bunco after 123 after...well, you get the picture. Insists on showing me her scorecard. (I "ooh" and "ahh" appreciativly) And then I head downstairs to check on something. Sixty seconds later I hear a shreek that most isn't the kids.
Running upstairs...of COURSE I'd forgotten and the bath had run. No, we didn't have niagra but it was less than an inch from the top.
But it gets better. Our hot water heater is...how you say...wimpy? Two 6" baths for the kids and it's more frigid then an eskimo's first date. (hey, this is my blog. I can be as cheezy as I want thankyouverymuch) To say the water is tepid is a compliment. So the cabin boy turns into the water boy and hauls six (yes, six) pots of water from the stove to heat up the bath.
You'd think this was the 1800's. No, if it was the 1800's I'd then have to bathe the rest of the family in the same water.
Tankless hot water heaters are suuuuure lookin good about now.
Next time - the life and times of Albertsons! (No, I don't know what's happening. Yes, we're staying right here.)
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment